To maximize your Esta Visa, make sure to know what items should not pack in your baggage. There are things that the United Stated prohibits for air travel because of their adverse negative effects on community health and public safety. The prohibition of items also protects children, domestic life, or national interest. The following is a shortlist of the banned items one must not bring along when traveling to the U.S.
Do Not Bring Biological Materials
You might want to bring along your favorite dog or cat during the journey, but they are not allowed to enter the country. Authorities shut these biological items away because they might contain viruses, bacteria, and any other harmful chemicals. Other things you should not bring are:
- Dog and Cat Fur
- Fish and Wildlife
- Plants and Seeds
Do Not Bring Military Firearms
It is imperative not to bring firearms even though their primary purpose is for protection. This act promotes safety among passengers and aircraft staff from harm. If you opt to transport firearms for business, there are regulatory agencies that you might need to request for permission. The following are the firearms you should not bring:
- Defense Articles or Items with Military or Proliferation Applications
Do Not Bring Something of Intellectual Property by Others
When bringing articles or CDs, make sure you don’t bring any counterfeit. Travelers can be permitted an exemption and allowed to import one piece of each type as long as it is for personal use only, not for sale. Other things you should not bring are:
- Trademark and copyrighted articles
- Photographic Film
- Cultural Artifacts and Cultural Property
- Do Not Bring Excessive Medications
There are issues regarding the possession of medications if you do not perform the following things:
- Declare all medicinals, drugs and similar products to the authority
- Bring the drug medications in their original containers;
- Bring just enough number of such medicines that would be enough for a person with that condition
- Make sure to attach a prescription from your physician assuring you use them under the supervision and that they are necessary for your physical well being while traveling.
We might argue that some of these things are not harmful at all. However, the United States Customs and Border Protection have carefully examined and considered different laws before prohibiting these items from entry to the US. So, the next time you want to travel to the country, you already know what you should not bring. Bon Voyage!